• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
but will we get something like animated background or soemthing?

nope. Anyways Droid X sucks, they have a program called efuse that will run constantly in the background scanning files to see if the phone has been rooted. If it has then the phone will brick or shut down rendering it useless until you take it back or restore it to original settings.

Warning: Droid X Contains a Self Destruct Button | The Android Wavehttp://theandroidaddict.com/2010/07/warning-droid-x-contains-a-self-destruct-button/

Upvote 0
You've been misinformed my friend. Animated backgrounds (live wallpapers) and widgets are a feature of Android 2.1 and not just Sense UI.

So you'll have access to those Using Sense UI, Ninja Blur(droid X) or even just running Stock Android.

you can go to Androidcreations to see a list of the popular live wallpapers, and search the forum for widgets you may like. When it comes to nice widgets I suggest going to threads that say post your homescreen or something like that, so that you can get an idea of what good widgets people are using.

As far as Efuse, that's not the way the efuse works. It's not constantly scanning the phone to see if it's been rooted. All it does is when the phone is started up, it checks the bootloader to see if it is an authorized bootloader and not one that somebody made up. You can still root the phone(in fact, I think it was just rooted the other day), but until somebody cracks the efuse, you just can't install custom ROM's like Damage Control or Cyanogen.

If you're not interested in doing stuff like that, then the Efuse shouldn't concern you at all.

P.S.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but that is the understanding I have about the subject

Upvote 0
Actually check this out the geniuses here, make their phones look incredible without neccessarily having to use the Sense UI.

There are all types of things you can use to make Android look incredible. First time going through it, start at page 30 for the impressive stuff and then go back to the beginning so that you can get an understanding of what everybody uses so that you won't be one of those annoying people that are constantly asking questions that have already been answered in the thread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones