Sense UI

Last Updated:

1. AdamHC

AdamHC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really like the sense UI, and don't own a magic. How well does the UI run on the Magic? I've watched some videos but I just wanna hear from someone who has it on their phone and had for a while. I'm thinking if it runs fairly smoothly on the Magic I might buy one since these things are priced pretty well. So does anyone here use the Sense UI?

Also, there is a Compact QWERTY keyboard on this phone, isn't there?

Advertisement
  2. mpmilestogo

mpmilestogo Member

Hi. I've tried a few of the pre-release Sense UIs that came with ROM flashes from XDA Developers. The pre-release versions were laggy and some things would not work quite right due to either a kernel issue or HTC not releasing the kernel sources, or the pre-released nature of Sense. When the formal release came along, I moved to first the MyHero ROMs for awhile and then on to Case_ ROMs. My own slightly biased but daily use is that the Sense UI is pretty nice and I like the candy on the screen even if sometimes it does still seem a bit laggy. I have a 64mb swap partition and activated even though the install notes say you really don't need it. I wanted to set it up though and get that working.

I tend to use the phone to sync my company's exchange email, contacts, and calendar as well as gmail's entries there. The ROM I am using now is pretty much trouble free and just works except for bluetooth. That's okay because I don't use bluetooth so I chose the kernel alternative that gave more speed but no bluetooth. If I wanted bluetooth, I would just flash the kernel he has provided that supports bluetooth.

I tend to upgrade to new ROM releases after a few days of seeing what kind of troubles are reported. I backup all the applications, wipe, and install the new ROM. Sense has done nothing but get better with each new ROM chef's release. I'm enjoying it immensely now. The Magic 32A handles the Sense UI very nicely.

Best regards.

3. AdamG

AdamG Active Member

4. AdamHC

AdamHC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info guys, and how well does the 32B handle Sense? I tried to watch a video but I've gone over my usage limit and it's gonna cost heaps.