Sense Ui

Last Updated:

1. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone tell me what sense ui is and what it does?

Advertisement
  2. darktheory

darktheory Active Member

In a nutshell its HTC's own android Home replacement, kinda like a different theme for your phone. Looks flashy and has lots of integrated apps.

3. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

got is running on my Nexus - I rooted and installed the MoDaCo Desire ROM... actually liking Sense UI more than I thought... HTC did some good work here...

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used to think I was a no-frills kind of person, but I flashed the Desire ROM and was blown away. Holy shit, music player on the lockscreen! Pinch to leap! Weather animation on my homescreen! I've gotten a bit bothered over the lack of theming, but NexVision over at xda has fixed that and now I have a beautiful, customized Sense UI:

[​IMG]

Would still never pick a stock Sense device, though, due to OTA updates/etc issues. Not a problem with a custom ROM obviously, since we get new stuff faster and it's all integrated by developers anyway.

5. punyv

punyv Active Member

If only I could get this to work in my Samsung Galaxy Spica!

6. Armbar

Armbar Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get this on my DROID?

7. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

There is a rom in development. But it is not done yet. You can download and install it (after partitioning your SD card), but there are some things missing and others do not function well. For instance, phone calls do not work with 3g turned on. The devs (and some guys at XDA) are working on the problem now. Hopefully we will have a nice Sense UI rom available in the next few weeks. The dev is on alldroid...It's in the Greek35T subforum and the rom is Zeusdroid Desire Rom.

It is much harder to port to the Droid than the N1, since the N1 is an HTC phone. The guys are doing an amazing job though...

8. snowman9031

snowman9031 Well-Known Member

Thanx for the info. I will be keeping an eye on this one. Oh and those guys do an amazing job getting things to work. A huge thanx goes out to everyone you needs it and deserves it!:cool: