Sense vs ADW vs LauncherPro vs HelixGeneral

Which launcher do you use on a daily basis?

1. HTC Sense

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. ADW Launcher

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. LauncherPro

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Helix

1 vote(s)
    1.5%

Last Updated:

1. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With ADW just released and LauncherPro updated, what do you like the best and why?

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

It's hard to say which is better, they are just different. I like Sense but I am also enjoying ADW right now, I certainly like ADW over LauncherPro because it is much more customizable.

3. Saltedpeanut

Saltedpeanut Active Member

LauncherPro, reliable and very smooth.

4. pardonmyfreedom

pardonmyfreedom Member

Yeah, LauncherPro. ADW is good, but seemed slow me to. LP is butter smooth. It has less features, but better performance.

5. jackattack

jackattack Well-Known Member

When i switched from Launcher Pro to ADW, i had the same experience. After tweaking the settings a bit, ADW is every bit as smooth as LP. Try setting the desktop scrolling speed to 400, overshoot to 40, and zoom effect speed to around 475. Then set ADW as your default launcher and restart your phone (to make sure only one launcher is loaded).

After doing that, I'm sold on ADW. Just thought I'd share.

6. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

Used all of the above with the exception of ADW. Landed on GDE and seems to be the best of all worlds... (Fast, smooth, fast dev support, etc).

Of your options, I preferred Launcher Pro...

7. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Don't you guys miss the sense widgets and features when using those other launchers? Like the live weather that comes onto the screen and cool stuff like that?

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I really like Sense. Several helpful widgets that I can't see living without.

9. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Well what widgets have you not been able to replace with another app?

The only wdiget I have not been able to replace is the bookmark widget that sits on the home screen. Anyone know of a good one to use like the HTC one? (BTW I dont want a star that you click to open it up just one that sits already open)

10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I thought I would miss my sense widgets....I was dead wrong. There are a plethora of widgets out there that replace (imo) and are even better than Sense. I love Sense nothing wrong with it at all, however, it isn't new to me anymore (I have an Eris as well) so I wanted something different. Also, I got tired/bored of having 7 screens full of stuff that seemed useless....initially fun to tinker with, but got old. I like simple, neat, and clean. Everyone is different ehh!