SenseUI

Last Updated:

1. baronzeus

baronzeus Member This Topic's Starter

Why does everyone seem to hate SenseUI? I find it beautiful and very smooth. I wouldn't want to remove it when I root my phone.

I also get VERY good battery life after my recent battery tweaks.

Advertisement
    mrlanrat likes this.
  2. 0tter

0tter Active Member

Mostly because Sense UI causes it to take a lot longer to get Android updates.

3. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i'm keeping sense. it was one of the main reasons i got the phone.

4. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Me too. I like it. I came from using SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on my last phone and I loved that UI. Sense reminds me a lot of SPB and I feel right at home using it. I always thought the basic android UI was very boring. :(

5. baronzeus

baronzeus Member This Topic's Starter

Aren't all post-Froyo updates supposed to be very simple, regardless of what UI you have?

6. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

same here

7. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

\

+1 One of the main reasons I upgraded from my Moto Droid.

8. e30kid

e30kid Member

I like stock Android better. I liked my setup on the Droid. I'm not a huge fan of the HTC predictive text and I could do without all of the apps that duplicate functionality.

9. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member

I prefer vanilla android but it just comes down to personal preference really.

10. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

I would ditch sense for SPB Mobile Shell for Android if they would ever release it.. I am coming from WinMo as well... For now, I am keeping sense..

11. zombii matt

zombii matt Well-Known Member

i like the HTC predictive text since i use the compact qwerty keyboard but i prefer the look of vanilla android

12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

used to hate sense on winmo but warmed up to it and thats why i got this phone... ill be keeping it

13. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

what changes exactly are in htc sense UI that are not in the stock android os?

things i know about and like:
    phone bar at bottom of screen, apparently predictive text

14. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Lots of apps like peep and friendstream. And the phone dialer is custom, it's not always noticable, but it's pervasive.

From the Incredible Drooooiiiid.

15. jasperwill

just looking through my phone and the internet it looks like i don't use anything from HTC sense that wont be taken care of with Froyo.
    everything that i use is either part of froyo (phone icon on home screens) or i have downloaded it from the app store. so i guess i have nothing to lose rooting to a 2.2 rom once someone makes one.

16. e30kid

e30kid Member

I can't stand the auto HTTP thing in the browser. It's completely useless and highly annoying when I want to search for something. That alone is enough for me to want Sense to be off of my phone.

17. jasperwill

Thanks for saying that. I didn't know I could use Google search from the address bar in my incredible. I was thinking it didn't matter cuz I would just type go and then tap Google then type my search into the site. I guess I have been doing it the long way.

18. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

In the browser, change your home page to about:blank. When you click in the address window, it auto-highlights and you can just type your search terms in and hit enter.

jasperwill likes this.
  19. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

i dont hate sense or stock. but i will install which ever release first.

20. xvenom89

xvenom89 Well-Known Member

Same, exactly. Also, the hardware was a big plus.

21. jasperwill

i havent used stock except in the store on the moto DROID but it seems unfinished and sense UI seems to be a good way to draw a larger customer base into the android OS. its just prettier. maybe 2.2 will make the OS pretty enough to be more interesting to the general public.

once a 2.2 stock rom is created for my DINC i will definitly be trying it out. but only if it comes out before the 2.2 sense UI. i just dont have a use for root right now and havent seen any benifits to changing between sense and stock 2.2 (either direction)

its funny: i tried out the droid in the store and hated the OS because there was too much customization and just looked thrown together.
    as soon as i got my phone and was able to put everything where i wanted and see the icons in my own patterns instead of just filling the entire home screen with icons i can definitly see myself using stock 2.2 with no issues.
    im sure this was because in the store everyone that walked in was moving stuff around and it was just a mess.

22. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I'll bite, What's the "auto HTTP thing":confused:

23. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

when u open the internet browser it already gives http before u type in a address... so if u want to search then u have to delete that first

24. jasperwill

although jtcarnes gave a workaround up above, that only works if you don't already have other windows open. i would like to be able to just start typing into the address bar of an already being used tab for searches.

25. ponchera

ponchera Well-Known Member

I screwed up HTC Sense, actually, all launchers are crashing on me after rooting, not sure what I may have installed that's causing this, did too many things at once (and can't recall what).
    SOOo before reloading the stock ROM, anyway I can backup/restore my Sense homescreen layout?