sensitivity issues random

Last Updated:

1. jongo

jongo Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got my evo swapped a few days ago and at random times ill have sensitivity issues where I can't hold a button down when I'm testing to get a question mark or hold the delete key it will only let me touch for a second. And it also doesn't get certain thinks I touch so I have to continually touch till it responds. it randomly comes and goes and it takes more then one battery pull usually to get it working correct. Could this be a update/software issue or hardware. Should I swap it

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Jongo :)

May I recommend a few things:
    1) turn off the "vibrate on keypress" and sound feedback options in the locale and text settings. This 'feedback' could be causing a slight lag.
    2) Factory reset your phone
    3) If problems persists I think a swap would be best - try out the replacement handset instore first though! You don't want to get home and find the same problem is still there

Good luck and keep us updated!

Carl :D

3. jongo

well my other evo didnt have these sensitivity issues basically is a lag thats the best way put

4. jongo

I'm also noticing my typing haptic feedback for text messaging app isn't good it doesnt respond to all my key presses and it not strong. But I'm typing on here with my evo and its pretty much responding to all my text inputs and strong. Sometimes when I goto my text ill click someone name and it will bring metoo someone else. And the other evo didnt do this so maybe there is something wrong with my texting app