Sent e-mailsSupport

Last Updated:

1. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Instead of having a completely separate Sent Items folder, my ISP has Sent Items being a sub-folder of the Inbox. In other words, I have:
    INBOX
    INBOX.Drafts
    INBOX.Sent
    INBOX.Spam
    INBOX.Trash

These folders all appear in the Mail application on my Desire, along with the Desire's folders:
    Trash
    Sent
    Drafts
    Outbox

Unfortunately, my Desire puts my sent e-mail into Sent instead of INBOX.Sent. I don't think I can get my ISP to change the structure of my mailbox, and I can't see a way of changing which folder sent e-mails are sent to. Annoyingly, my first generation iPod Touch copes with this structure without a problem.

I don't really want to have to install another mail application (or use Gmail), so wondered if anybody else has had similar problems, and how they've sorted it out.

I'm still using Android 2.1 because T-Mobile still hasn't given me the upgrade to 2.2 yet.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

The HTC mail app is very limited and I stopped using it ages ago due to this and numerous other reasons. I know you don't want to use another app but I don't think there is any other way to solve it. The K-9 email app does give you the option to specify which folders to use as default for all of these things.

3. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter