Sent Mail not writing to IMAP folder?Support

Last Updated:

1. MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8 Member This Topic's Starter

I set up my email account on the mail app on the home screen. Not my gmail account but another non gmail email that I use. It uses IMAP/ssl and it works fine. I can send and receive emails. However any emails sent from the phone do not write to the Sent folder on the email server so there's no record of that email ever been sent.
    I don't believe it be an issue with my email server as my older Windows Mobile and my Blackberry used to write sent mail there just fine. I'm assuming it's a setting somewhere in android I need to enable? just not sure what or where. Anyone know?

Advertisement
    self-centered likes this.
  2. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Have you been through all of the settings under the IMAP account? I wonder if there isn't a toggle that turns that feature on or not. I don't have any IMAP accounts, but I do have some Exchange options I need to turn on every time I set it up (under different ROMS).

If you don't find one, then maybe the Mail app isn't capable. You may need to try another mail app.

3. MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8 Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I've looked around and can't find an option. I did notice it has folders under the menu and instead of INBOX you can change to INBOX.sent and browse sent emails. It also has a "sent" instead of "INBOX.sent" and that's the sent mail from the phone. However best I can tell it's written to local disk or SD card or something because I searched the mail server (from linux command line) and cannot find any trace what so ever of my sent email from the phone.