• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Separate personal and work calendars

H2oFowler

Feb 5, 2011
I am trying to set up two calendar apps, one with my work calendar and one with my personal calendar. I dont want the two calendars synced together in any way. My work calendar uses MS Exchange and Shared Calendars, so what is happening is that Exchange is picking up my personal calendar items and syncing them with my entire fire department. Not helpful.

I am currently using the native calendar app for my Exchange Calendar and my personal calendar is on Google calendars.

Now the strange part. If I change the google calendar app to view my personal calendar, it also changes my Android Calendar. I can view both, or neither....but I cannot view one calendar in one app and another calendar in a second app.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Business Calendar can do what I am asking above, sort of. Business calendar makes it very easy to toggle between calendars without having to open the setting view. You can also select which calendars have toggle buttons. Basically I am saying you can have work and personal without having to see the birthdays, holidays and other calendars in the list. This is the only app I found that made it truly easy to toggle between calendars.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm not sure why you would be experiencing this. I use Informant, which I highly recommend. I manage 3 calendars with mine, personal (phone native), Google (for board of director duties) and work (exchange). They all work fine and I can easily distinguish calendar types with no issues.
Sounds like the UI on your calendar is potentially confusing I would try some other optiins. Let me know of you have any further questions, I spent a lot of time testing out calendars because I got super busy this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones