• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Separate ringtones for Gmail and stock mail

I used to have separate sounds for Gmail and stock mail. I had to do a reset and now can't figure out how in the world I did that.

I've gone into the Gmail app settings when Gmail is open, but there are no options to set a ringtone. If you just go to Sound and set a ringtone for Mail, it's the same for both.

How to? Thanx to all you who answer these dumb questions.

MM

I used to have separate sounds for Gmail and stock mail. I had to do a reset and now can't figure out how in the world I did that.

I've gone into the Gmail app settings when Gmail is open, but there are no options to set a ringtone. If you just go to Sound and set a ringtone for Mail, it's the same for both.

How to? Thanx to all you who answer these dumb questions.

MM

In the gmail app, open it up, press menu, press more, press settings, press on your gmail account, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see 'Labels to notify'. You will be able to change ringtone for inbox there

Stock mail, not sure exactly but I'm sure it's something similar

Upvote 0
Thank you so very much! I would not have gone that far down the tree. :) Maybe that's the way I did it before, but I'll swear I've never seen that method. Stock mail is set through its settings, but Gmail had me stumped.

Again, thanks for your help. :)

Yea, the 'labels to notify' is new as it changed with the update for gmail. I had to look for it the first time also

Glad you found it:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones