Separate Volume for Notifications and Ringtone - any ICS fix??Support

Last Updated:

1. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

Hello...

Read a post that was a few months old so asking again to see if someone has found something.

It appears that ICS doesn't allow separate volumes for notifications and ringtone (Home

Advertisement
  2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

3. scudder

Hey Strife...little issue here...

I have Sprint (which might not be an issue) however, more importantly, my ICS update is version 4.0.4 which apparently has NOT "bifurcated" the notification/ringtone volume controls...

:confused::confused:
  4. StrifeJester

Was pretty sure that was the stock option in 4.0.3 i can't see Sprint changing it back before release but you never know. I have not had my hands on the Sprint Model yet but I am going to mess with one this weekend let me do a little digging and get back to this thread.
  5. StrifeJester

So i did some searching and apparently this is not widespread and seem hit or miss my VZW Gnex with 4.0.4 does not have the option either.
  6. scudder

So are you saying that some phones running 4.0.4 have separate volume controls and others do not??
  7. scudder

Thanks for the thought but that does not suit my needs. Problem I'm having isn't with one environment/location to another but the fact that some of my ringers are VERY loud while some of my notifications are VERY soft...the volume levels aren't quite matched. Also, in one circumstances, I simply might want the phone ringer down or OFF while I'll keep a subtle, quite text notification on.
  8. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

If you load up AOKP, available as a custom ROM for you device, this will be available to you. Otherwise, not sure how else to make it happen.

Hope that helps a little.

Link: http://aokp.co

jmar
  9. iberiadroid

iberiadroid New Member

scudder likes this.
  10. scudder

11. oceanauk

oceanauk New Member

THANK YOU so much for posting the above link, the app actually works and gives us a fix finally for the ICS linked phone and notification issue.... And I've tried a lot of apps!!!

Jackie
  12. srtsynth

srtsynth New Member

I don't get it I just got my ICS 4.0.4 update on my LG Spectrum and my volume controls are not linked but I want them to be linked because I can't stand turning down the ringtone volume and then my notification volume doesnt turn down as well..how can I link them??