1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Separating 2 similar phones to their own forums

1. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

As they are similar, the Avail and Merit(z990 & z990g) were put in the same forum. The differences have become a bit more pronounced after they were examined a bit more. Helping people new to the site has become an issue, due to not having exact detail about which phone they have. I just read a thred about CDMA and GSM ROMs being interchang able. The noobs read the info thinking the phones are the same, then more problems occurs. Would it be possible to get separate forums for these phones?

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Reported to admin, sorry for the late reply.
    Russ71 likes this.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

From the perspective on a non-rooted user, is there any practical difference between the two variants?

I ask because we can either have:

- Two different sections, each with a root section within.

- Or, only one overall section, but with variant specific rooting sections inside.
    Russ71 likes this.
  4. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

Before rooting, they are similar, but, Modding afterwards is where they differ, as well as how root access is accomplished. Maybe it's a mute point, but, I achieved full root with custom rom, and kernel; and have never connected to a computer. The z990g, has to go through ADB to get root. Btw- I use the z990.
  5. Xyro

So that definitely sounds like split All Things Root sections would suffice; no need to split up the community for non-root issues.

We'll make sure this is passed on :)
    Russ71 likes this.
  6. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

Thanks Xyro and Early Mon. It's appreciated.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. Xyro

Looks like the Merit ATR is now up :)
    Russ71 and EarlyMon like this.