Separating email accountsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. SloRice

SloRice Member This Topic's Starter

So after about a month of waiting, I finally received my Incredible yesterday. i've been screwing off at work most of today messing with the phone. :D So far, everything is going well and I'm getting used to the software and functionality.

I do have one thing that has me stumped though. I setup my personal hotmail email and my work email on the phone and they are both under the "mail" icon on the main screen. I'm wondering if there is a way to separate them so that I will basically have 2 "mail" icons on the main screen.

TIA!!

Advertisement
  2. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member

That is how it was for me. Try long pressing a screen to add a shortcut, then from the add shortcut list choose mail shortcut, and it should add shortcuts for the separate inboxes like it did for me.

3. SloRice

SloRice Member This Topic's Starter

wow.....that was unbelievably simple.

THANKS!

4. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)

5. PDXscreen

PDXscreen New Member

Hi,

I just received my Droid X yesterday and have a similar issue. I would like to display my email accounts on my main home screen individually. Unfortunately, the above solution did not seem to work. When I tap and hold the screen I can select folders/options/widgets/etc. Under shortcuts there are no options for mail. If I create a second Email shortcut it only allows one account to be the primary account. (You can switch the primary account under settings on email.) There is an option for "gmail" label which lets me select a gmail account. My personal account is hotmail not gmail. Right now I can get to my accounts my clicking on the messaging folder and selecting the account there. I would really like to avoid that step. Does anybody have similar issues? Is this a vast conspiracy by Google ploy encourage switching to gmail? Or perhaps my vast incompetence?

6. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

Same experience here. I have an Outlook (exchange) and hotmail account, and want separate shortcuts for each so I can easily select which one I want to check. Using the method above just starts the email client, which opens the default email account (Outlook) listed under the settings for both shortcuts. I guess there's no way to assign custome settings that go along with shortcut...?

7. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

Same problem on my droid x! Help!

8. markisgood2

markisgood2 New Member

Thats just google being google with its phones that are supposed to br great.l but arent.did u actually think the same os would do the same thing? Tuats.google for u

9. smenter

smenter Member

thanks...Worked great on HTC phone