• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Seperate Call and Notification volumes

I've searched and looked around for an answer, so I apologize in advance if I missed something. I'm loving this phone so far...I only have one issue. When I'm at work I like to set my notification silent, but if I get a call I want it to ring. I was able to do this on my Droid X2 using the app "Volume Ace", but when I try using it with the Nexus, the volumes link together. Does anyone have a fix or an idea to unlink the volume settings?

Judging by the review comments its looks like the dev has not updated his Audio Control app for ICS yet and ringer and notification volumes are still linked.

jason - June 25, 2012
No Separate Volume Controls
I am using an HTC Sensation & just upgraded to ICS - the volume controls for Ring & Notifications were merged, so I downloaded & paid for this app...no change. The app itself is great, but still cannot separate the volume settings -

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones