serious 3g bug!Support

Last Updated:

1. andreas122

andreas122 Member This Topic's Starter

On the wifi, the browzer and the apps conect to the internet.
    On the 3g, the browzer conect to the intenet, but all apps dont!
    How can I fix this?
    Maybe with an uptade?

Advertisement
  2. professoryard

professoryard Member

I have the same problem, everything was working ok up to about a month or so ago at most, then I noticed that Tweetdeck would not update when using 3G, only via wifi. Tried about 4 or 5 different Twitter clients and they have the same problem. I also have a weather widget that will not update unless in Wifi range.

Any ideas?

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

+1 on the Twitter thing... wifi only and tried three or four different ones to no effect.

4. professoryard

professoryard Member

Has it always been like that or did it suddenly happen?

5. rosered

Not a massive twitter-er but noticed it in the last couple of months, it was working at the end of August / beginning of September cos I remember it chirping its notification at a couple of inopportune moments having not silenced the phone. It took me a while to realise the link between no tweets and 3g as I am mostly at home with wifi.

6. professoryard

professoryard Member

Pretty much the same as me.

I've done a factory reset and it still happens. I'm wondering if it was that minor upgrade that happened the other month when I thought we were getting 2.1. I'm alsi starting to get dropouts in the wifi.

I hope the 2.1 upgrade fixes it otherwise I'm going to have to replace it.

7. rosered

I haven't run an update since the release of R2BA026 back in July (?) so don't know where it came from. Oh well I will wait for 2.1 and see if it resolves itself, clearly no point running an update for 1.6 if you have tried that already. I was being very lazy and couldn't be bothered to 're-build' my phone which is why I hadn't tried to fix it.

8. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

well just to throw my hat into the fire,

both on 1.6 and 2.1 ALL my apps have connected via 3g and continue to do so - no idea why this happens though as i'm assuming we are all enabling data traffic and refresh intervals

9. rosered

Yeah I have mine on to update hourly but it does nothing. If I go in and click refresh the little 3g arrows light up and the little spinny thing spins but quick as a flash... nothing happens! Just put on wifi and its updated it all.

Timescape is on to update every 30 mins and facebook does it just fine, but again twitter doesn't update within there.

10. MrWomble

hmmm wonder if its something to do with branded phones and the tat and restrictions they put on ???

11. rosered

Could be, see if I was a brave old lady then I would debrand it!!

12. MrWomble

well its only an assumption, but all 4 SE phones we have in the house are all running tweetcaster, all unbranded, all able to update through 3g

have you tried it on the X8 yet ? as i'm assuming with it being a test phone it will be unbranded ?

13. rosered

Just turned data on on the X8, cos only got a payg card in their with small amount of credit... yup that looks like it just updated everything til 13mins ago when Mr Stephen Fry tweeted and timescape also updated. So not 3g signal being poor here.

14. MrWomble

hey you know what it is - i may have just turned into a GOD

i would give t-mob a ring and badger them as it does sound like something that is HANDSET specific - quick query, is PAYG sim on t-mob too ??

15. rosered

Think I have just sorted it.... been sitting here patiently going through settings and just ticked Use SSL and my tweet went upwards and has appeared on the X8. Tweet me something MrW! I am getting over excited now and want to know if I can receive them too!

Yes its a T-Mo payg. They gave me 4 with

16. professoryard

professoryard Member

I'm not sure if that is the case because firstly, things were working up until about a month ago - not sure why T Mobile would suddenly add restrictions without warning. Secondly, other apps that access the net sill work via 3g.

I will give probably give them aring tomorrow though anyway.

17. rosered

Ok I seem to be working OK now on Touiteur. I ticked use SSL in the settings and then cleared the cache and picture something or other and I have received a few tweets and sent a few to a very helpful MrWomble. Mind you still not working on X10 on Timescape, but I can live with that.

18. MrWomble

Clear the data cache etc on timescape - then reinput the details - might work then

if not don't know what to suggest but at least its working now - means you'll be getting my useless rants now

19. rosered

You remember that Sony Ericsson Tile someone wanted some time ago... just got that back;) Cleared everything to do with Timescape on Application Manager, kill or cure I thought.

Had to delete the accounts also on Timescape itself and then just re-registered. It pulled all my Twitter stuff. Yay!

I hadn't thought of that before so thank you again MrWomble for nudging me gently in the right direction.

Edit no it only pulled everything up til I last switched off wifi. To coin a phrase - Bugger! Spoke too soon it was just taking a while to build and I could see loads of Tweets.

20. MrWomble

oh i give up

unless you can only have 1 twitter app connected to your account at one time ?

21. professoryard

professoryard Member

I only have one twitter app at a time and it still doesn't work.

I think unless T Mobile have a solution it will be 2.1

22. MrWomble

i doubt it

i was able to update on 3g both on 1.6 and 2.1

i still say the trouble is the handset software or network

23. rosered

See there you go, showing off again. My poor phone has really got an inferiority complex now:p:D

24. professoryard

professoryard Member

OK I have solved the problem with my phone - possibly may work for other T mobile users too.

Basically went on the website and looked at my settings - the content lock had been switched on somehow, so i set this to off and now Twitter works over the 3G.

hope this is useful

25. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

My X10i can't connect to my web bank. :(