1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Battery DrainSupport

Last Updated:

1. hatsue

hatsue New Member This Topic's Starter

Just a few days ago my battery on my phone drained to 0 then charged it while turned off. But something suddenly came up and I need to go immediately and plugged the charger out before it was full. After that, my battery can barely last 1 day but normally my phone lasts up to 3 days without wifi and I already have Juice Defender and I actually upgraded it into Ultimate.
    So, what can I do about this? Do I have to buy a new battery or does anyone have an alternative?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi hatsue, does your battery stats screen show any particular app or process is eating your battery? If it doesn't give much detail, take a look at GSAM Battery Monitor and that should tell you what's causing the drain.

Have you installed any new apps recently or has your signal got worse all of a sudden? Rogue apps or bad signal are generally the highest causes of battery drain.

3. hatsue

hatsue New Member This Topic's Starter

Battery stats pro and the one in the settings tell me that "Phone Idle uses 95% of my battery. The only apps that I have are Youtube, Juice Defender, Battery and Battery stats. And my phone doesn't actually have a sim card I only use it to connect to wifi and listen to music.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

There's not much else it can be then. :(

Give it a few charge/discharges, see if it improves. If there's not many apps, you could also try a factory reset?

5. pope_levi

pope_levi Member

If all else fails, try a sledgehammer