Serious Battery ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. SupraLex

SupraLex Member This Topic's Starter

I've done some research and I know what you have to do to conserve a little battery life. So I had this phone for 3 days now. The first day, everything was on so it died in a few hours

Second day, I took off the GPS, Wifi, Sync, etc, it lasted from 9am off charger up to about 9pm with usage during the day like browser, text and call.

Now this morning I take it off the charger, same setting as the day before, also at 9am and the phone was completely dead by 11:30am. Usage was alarm for 2 mins, less than 10 texts and about 5 mins of browser before I got to class.

ANY IDEA WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED? I miss my Blackberry right about now where I didnt charge it for days.

Advertisement
  2. sloheim

sloheim Well-Known Member

Are you running DI18?

I experienced problems not completely dissimilar to yours... then I downloaed DI18, and now I've gone almost 48 hours with maybe 30 minutes of charging time TOTAL over two days. And I'm still over 50%.

3. SupraLex

Yeah thats the wierd part. I am running DI18 but this problem is still here. And it takes probably about 4 hours to fully charge.

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

since you said you have read and tried everything suggested. then you won't like this, but the best solution might be a hard reset to wipe out all the non-stock apps. start over one app at a time to see which one is the power hog.

5. SupraLex

forgive me for being a newb. whats the simplest way to do a hard reset?

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Go to settings menu then to privacy menu then factory reset settings.

7. badankles

But please know that this steps will delete all data from your device. It will clear all pictures, phone numbers, text messages, emails, and 3rd party applications from your phone. that's why i said you won't like the suggestion.

8. SupraLex

Is there a way I can back up my contacts on the computer?

9. mojomojo

mojomojo Well-Known Member

Yours is draining really fast.
    9AM to 11:30 AM drained your battery?
    May just be defective.
    But in general the battery will last much longer after a few weeks.
    Also if you dont need your email polled ,just set it to do it yourself manually .This by itself will greatly extend your battery life.

10. mojomojo

mojomojo Well-Known Member

Offr topic ,but is there a way to soft reset without removing the battery?

11. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

It will not touch the SD card. Since most pictures are stored on the SD none will be lost. The phone will be brought back to the way it was new out of the box. Again no information on the SD will go away.

12. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Your contacts should be synced with your GMail address/account if you don't have it set up this way I suggest you do it pronto. As soon as the reset is done re install your GMail account and all of your contacts will be back to the handset.

13. mosler

mosler Active Member

The other night i put mine on the charger like always, left it over night and when i woke up the phone was warm and at 16% battery. Seems that sometimes when it says charging it may not actually be charging...

14. jonra

jonra Active Member

I had the exact same problem with overnight charging. I have started to make sure it's fully charged before going to bed and the problem literally went away immediately. If I leave it overnight, it'll say it's charged fully, but will die by like 1 in the afternoon... if I take it off the charger before bed it is fine. Also try using airplane mode at night.

15. badankles

yes, whatever is on the SD card won't be touched. there are apps in the market that will backup your contacts and more to your SD card (or cloud). some will also backup your apps.

edit: i have used mybackup and astro file manager, but research other apps to fit your need.

16. toyman317

toyman317 Well-Known Member

If you go into contact settings, there is an option to save them to the sd card.

17. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

I was actually experiencing some battery issues and decided to switch bacl to launcher pro. I have a feeling one of the widgets had something to do with it because right now I'm experiencing great battery life. I'm at 18 hours right now with easily over 50% battery life. I've been using it moderatly looking at a lot of webpages and some video. My friend played a little bit of angry birds pm it as well.

18. SupraLex

Well guys, I don't know what I did, just really messed around with it and now I'm getting 12 hours+ on it everyday, with automatic brightness, wifi, facebook(white screen) and so forth. Guess it had to break in?