Serious display problems!Support

1. ShaylaJane

ShaylaJane Member

My Aviator is only about 4 months old (although admittedly I use it quite a lot) and it's having some really weird issues that I can't seem to find any info on. I haven't dropped it recently or downloaded anything weird. So I don't know why this started happening...

- I have to tap on the lock screen to get the time and everything to show up.
    - The keyboard often disappears... If I tap where the keys would be, it still functions, I just can't *see* it, which is frustrating.
    - When I pull down the top menu bar thing (sorry, don't know what to call it), it will show all ongoing things etc for a moment and then they'll disappear. Like the keyboard, I can still tap on them as if they're there and it functions, I just can't see what I'm tapping on.
    - Essentially everything that pops up disappears. Like when I try to add a shortcut or widget on one of my screens, the menu will pop up briefly and then disappear. Again, I can still select things, but can't see what I'm selecting.
    - Finally, Google Maps is being really strange. I don't really know how to describe it. I've tried taking screenshots with no luck. It opens just fine, and I can even still get directions and find locations and things, but the display kind of *****es out. It flashes and gets all these lines all over it and stuff... This only happens in Maps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out how to fix this?! I tried a factory reset, but that didn't do anything. I'm not super phone savvy so I'm not sure what else to try.

Advertisement
  2. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

If a factory reset didn't do it, then you'll probably need to take it in to a USCC service shop. I would guess that they can fix it for free.