Serious Froyo ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So here is the situation since my update to froyo and even trying a factory reset as many suggest.

1.) Wireless internet is slow / doesn't work (regular 3G lets me download apps or files).

2.) My battery life is awful since the update. I have a HTC 2150 battery installed. I have made one 30 min phone call, about 40 texts, downloaded 3 apps, browsed internet for about 10 minutes, read a little news, my screen is set to 25% brightness and all features (GPS, Wifi and BT) turned off.

I have 35% battery left. My up time is 23:17 and my awake time is 4:10.

On 2.1, I went around 60 hours with 8+ hours awake time before needing a recharge.

Something appears to be wrong......and I think its Froyo. Has anyone else seen problems this bad? You cant tell me that it is a faulty app.....even without the apps (only stock ones), I seem to suffer the same problems. I cant imagine using the stock battery and charging every 12 hours (never had to on 2.1)

I may just stop by the Verizon store and give them an ear full (since their advertisement stated "improved battery life" for Froyo, but I guess improvement is a point a view........We have to charge our phones more...so the power companies make more......that's an improvement for them haha!!

Cheers,

-Sev

Advertisement
  2. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Try turning off everything in sprint zone. I found on my evo even in airplane mode, it was the culprit behind the battery drain. And it started after 2.2 which was a while ago for the evo.

3. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

He has an Incredible (Verizon), so there is no Sprint Zone (whatever that is, I'm not sure).

My WiFi was iffy after the update to 2.2, but a hard reset seems to have fixed that issue. Give it a go if you don't mind having to set up your phone again.

4. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Oh duh sorry.

5. LinkError404

LinkError404 Well-Known Member

I too have this wifi issue. When i use the speedtest.net app it starts fast then drops to around 600 kb with fios....lame. bad news is after i updated i did the factory reset. I really like using wifi so this is an issue for me. Im just scared it wont help cuz i have over 100 apps and custom ringtones and text ringtones. so much work. any other ideas?

6. Sevreth

I feel that another factory reset is not necessary. To me it looks more like a problem with the update to froyo.

While Froyo brought some cool things, it also added unistallable apps (for not root) that are always running.

I have turned off auto syncing in an attempt to slow my battery drain. It sucks, but id rather have my phone work longer, than have weather always updated.

Cheers,

-Sev

7. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

What kind of wireless router do you guys have. I too am trying to figure out why my WiFi is now slower then 3g speeds. It worked great before 2.2. I did a factory reset on the phone after 2.2 cause of lag issues. I also reset the router but that did nothing.

My router is a Linksys WRT-160N.

8. Sevreth

I have a Belkin Wireless N (not at home to give the model).

It worked amazingly well before Froyo, now I wireless is slower than 3G, so I just leave wireless off until they fix the problem.

Even the factory reset didnt fix this. I wills wing by a verizon store this weekend to try and see what they have to say.

-Sev

9. mched

mched Well-Known Member

I have a Microsoft router and have the same problem. Actually, I can't even connect to my Wifi at home.
    Very frustrating especially when everything worked great before 2.2.
    Verizon is sending me a replacement phone to see if that one will work.