• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Serious keyboard trouble

ro0k

Lurker
Dec 10, 2010
Hi all, my HTC Incredible's native on-screen keyboard no longer functions correctly. I have none of auto correction options turned on (have tried turning them on to troubleshoot, issue persists) and if I type too quickly, it will eat up random letters. So if I type "the" too quickly, it will type "the" and then quickly eat the 't' so only "he" remains. The problem is becoming worse and worse.

Not sure what's wrong, I have hard reset twice. Verizon is no help. I don't want a refurbished phone which is what I'll get if I troubleshoot with Verizon.

I tried a 3rd party keyboard and it lagged too much. Anyone have suggestions? :(

Hi all, my HTC Incredible's native on-screen keyboard no longer functions correctly. I have none of auto correction options turned on (have tried turning them on to troubleshoot, issue persists) and if I type too quickly, it will eat up random letters. So if I type "the" too quickly, it will type "the" and then quickly eat the 't' so only "he" remains. The problem is becoming worse and worse.

Not sure what's wrong, I have hard reset twice. Verizon is no help. I don't want a refurbished phone which is what I'll get if I troubleshoot with Verizon.

I tried a 3rd party keyboard and it lagged too much. Anyone have suggestions? :(
Does it help if you clean your optical trackpad?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones