Serious problem: My entire screen is pink and the colours are distorted!Support

Last Updated:

1. jennydb91

jennydb91 New Member This Topic's Starter

Last night, I noticed there was a pink blob down in the lower left corner of the screen, it bothered me but wasnt too bad, the rest of the screen looked normal. I went to bed, and when I woke up this morning the ENTIRE screen was pink - apart from that little blob which is now black. The colours are completely ruined, red and white is now pink and it doesnt show yellow at all, the messaging icon etc. is now a dark orange. I just bought the phone on thursday so this is a major problem for me, it's not exactly cheap.

The problem is that I'm from Norway and the Nexus isnt sold here, I bought it from a guy who had bought a lot in the US and was reselling, through our version of eBay. The box was unopened and everything, so it had not been tampered with. The problem is that they maybe won't let me return it because of this, and if I want help I'd have to ship it to the US, no help to get for it here.

I really need a suggestion as to what I should do. I sent them an e-mail, but considering the fact that it's Easter I probably won't get an answer before next week, and the situation is intolerable.

Advertisement
  2. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

i was gonna say call up HTC, but if you bought on Ebay, might be touchy... maybe call HTC UK? - they seem pretty helpful from all the UK posters' comments on this forum...

3. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

That is bad. How long ago did you get it off the guy from eBay? If possible you could try and contact him and see what he can do for you. If he can get them from the US then surely he can send them back to the US.
    As mi_canuck said, try HTC here in the UK. It's a lot closer if they say you can send it there.

Being such a new device you are covered by warranty, you just need the best way to excercise said warranty :p

good luck. -i hope this doesn't put you off the N1

4. jennydb91

jennydb91 New Member This Topic's Starter

I found a place in Oslo that can fix it, which is the city I live in, so I'm just going by them since I've tried to contact the guy I bought it from but he doesn't answer, besides; the warranty states that it does not cover scratches/cracks in the screen. But the place I found was recommended by several teleshops and they order the screen etc. directly from HTC, but do the repair themselves. I have friends who've had iPhones etc. fixed by them, and it's much cheaper than sending the phones to the US. So this all might sort out, which is good.