Serious problem.... my phone keeps rebooting

Last Updated:

1. my2384

my2384 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, i rooted my phone around a couple weeks ago, and have been trying different types of roms. Today i decided to switch to the fresh2.0d rom and so i placed the zip folder in the root of the sd card. i booted in recovery and selected flash from zip. Once complete, my phone keeps rebooting at the "HTC Quietly brilliant" screen. It does it over and over again. i tried reflashing, taking out the battery and nothing happens. I cant connect to the computer and have no idea what to do.

Any ideas will be appreciated

thanks

Advertisement
  2. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

Boot to recovery, do a full wipe (wipe everything under the wipe menu) and flash again? Or restore a NANDROID backup if you made one.

3. my2384

Well, I wiped everything and tried reflashing and i still keeps rebooting. I did not make a nandroid backup so i cant restore that.

4. nomnompie

Dumb question but just checking.. :D Did you try flashing what you had before fresh2.0d?

5. my2384

The problem is that my entire sd card had been wiped, so i have no zip files to load. Also, I cant connect the phone to the computer because the computer doesnt recognize the device.

I think i will just have to remove the sd card from my phone and connect that to my computer and then save the rom file to the sd card that way.

6. nomnompie

You can toggle USB in recovery. Select "Toggle USB-MS".

(EDIT) sorry, I assume you've tried and you said it doesnt recognize it... What operating system are you using on PC?

7. my2384

Actually, i haven't tried the USB-MS toggle in recovery. I am going to give that a shot. Thanks I appreciate your help.

8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Sounds like either a bad or corrupt ROM. Did you try downloading a fresh copy and installing that? Also be sure to check the MD5Sum.