Serious Signal fluctuation on DroidXSupport

Last Updated:

1. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone else having serious signal fluctuations on their DroidX. I'm running non rooted stock 2.2 Currently i'm in the state of Washington about an hour south of Seattle. It will go from 3 bars of 3g down to 1 bar of 1X ( a few times less than that) in the matter of seconds. It does this constantly up and down, up and down. ...any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Have you dialed *228 and chose option 2 lately?

I'm in Lakewood, I figure near you, and I get great service round these parts...always have.

3. trophynuts

I sure have. I done that about two days ago.This actually seemed to have started after the 2.2 update. This is the worst i've seen it though. I'm in Lacey.

4. trophynuts

I'm just here in Lacey for business. I actually live in Alabama. It fluctuates at home as well but not as bad as it does here it seems like.

5. n813ca

n813ca Well-Known Member

I went from a Droid to a Droid X and have had way better coverage in the Cincinnati area.

6. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

This is a major known issue about the Droid X that has not been officially acknowledged by either Motorola or Verizon! There is a very active thread on the Motorola's Doid X forum about this topic.