• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seriously considering Sony S1

zainjetha

Lurker
May 3, 2011
Hi

I have been a long time iOS user and now it,s time to bid farewell to apple and their monopolistic ways. I have long wanted to make the switch to android and have always thought of going with what is commonly referred to as stock android as I find skins such as htc and touchwiz to be invasive, especially what samsung have done to honeycomb on the tab.

Basically I have taken a look at the S1 and what Sony seem to have done is kept then stocklike approach but added to it, not removing anything which google have put on, but simply added here and there, and it feels like stock android with a few additions which are not invasive and generally improve functionality.

Could any owners confirm this is true and confirm that none of the stock apps have been fiddled such as mail, calendar, contacts, etc. And Also there is nothing vital that they have removed from honeycomb.

I reply like this tab and will probably end up picking up one just want to be clear on what I'm letting myself into.

Oh and I will also be purchasing a nexus prime as soon as it comes out. This Is sure to be a killer device and I can't take the wait much longer if I'm honest.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones