Seriously need help...

1. aikem015

aikem015 New Member

Hey guys I'm new here and completely new to rooting...
    I successfully rooted my Droid Pro using Pete's Motorola Root Tools, but that's not the problem. I downloaded Titanium Backup and got a little trigger happy with uninstalling bloatware and ended up uninstalling the Email and Email Engine. This caused crashes whenever I opened the stock Text Messaging app and whenever I tried to make a change in the Calendar app.

I tried using Root Explorer to put back BlurEmail.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk in system/app, but they would not successfully install. A few more hours of tweaking and nothing worked so I decided to try and put everything back to the beginning using RSD Lite 4.9 and flashing Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20). I thought I did everything right, but now my entire phone is screwed up beyond belief and I have no idea what to do.

After the flash I rebooted the phone and the initial phone setup started as usual, but for some reason, GMail crashed. Then I wasn't able to set up my Google account even after activating the phone. Now the phone is stuck in an all black state with just the phone icon, the menu icon, and contacts icon on the bottom part of the screen.

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i would sbf it again, remember to wipe data and cache, then if you can get your hands on an older sbf, do it!

then take the OTA to the newest version