1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Seriously, what's the hold up?!

1. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member

I'm honestly starting to get really pissed off at this. I've been wanted the droid since I first heard about it in march, and ordered one as soon as the store in my town allowed me to (April 20th).

It has been over a week since it was suppsoed to ship. First verizon told me it was delayed until the 4th, then on the 4th it was delayed until the 7th. Then they delayed it until the 14, and now the 29th!
    The 29th! Are they bloody serious?

What is the hold up. It seems that everyone else has gotten one with no hitches or errors. Are they in that high demand? If so, then why not ship out what they've got in the warehouse?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a manufactured shortage, like we saw with the Wii, or Pokemon cards. If so, this is a massive dick move on their part...

Does anyone know what is going on with Verizon? Is there an easier way to get this amazing phone? Am I alone here in my issue? All online orders are listed as "Delayed until the 29th" now as well :(

Advertisement
  2. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

You didn't mention your location. Maybe that has something to do with it. Where are you?
    jamor likes this.
  3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Maybe try a different store or even order it online?

Be patient. Alot of people want this phone, and you also have to realize, some of us have been waiting since November of LAST YEAR.
  4. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member

Rhode Island. And I have tried different stores; no one has it.
  5. SystemsLock

SystemsLock Active Member

Ha! I ordered mine on the 1st and at the time they said it wouldn't ship until the 14th, yet I got it on the 4th.
  6. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem right. I know people who have ordered around your time frame and already have it. They are in certain store keep looking a little farther.

If not, let Verizon know your anger and if you get to the right manager you should get it sooner.

That's what I would do..
  7. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Did you really need to rub it in this guy's face? Sheesh.
  8. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

just order it online, through amazon, or wirefly, stop crying.
  9. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

As much as I don't condone this type of stuff, why do I always find myself chuckling when I see a post like this?
  10. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member

Be careful ordering from Amazon though, if you need a deposit your order will be canceled. I would try ordering from the Verizon web site.
  11. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

My family bought 3 Incredibles 3 days after launch from an authorized verizon dealer (as opposed to a verizon store). They were getting more in too. Have any dealer stores in your area?
    silvershygui likes this.
  12. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Weird I had friends get the Incredible in Denver and Chicago ordering it in the last week. They've all recieved it... 3 people in Denver and 2 in Chicago
  13. kbaker310

kbaker310 New Member

Don't go with amazon. I was supposed to get the incredible today, then that got pushed back to next week, now they are telling me it is backordered 5-7 weeks. Great...
  14. DCoy82

DCoy82 Well-Known Member

That's strange. A buddy of mine went into a Verizon store on Wednesday to buy it and they were out so they put in an order and gave him overnight shipping. He got it yesterday (Thursday).
  15. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try some of those places tomorrow.
    I would advise anyone else who finds this thread to avoid doing that at all cost. Everyone I know of who's done this has seen their orders constantly delayed.
  16. Light

Light New Member

i ordered at the verizon store last sunday and it came to my house on wednesday
  17. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Just order the phone from Customer Care, they'll connect you to the sales dept, and there ya go. They may say it'll take a week like they told one of my friends, but he got it in 2 days. This was on Monday that I told him to order it. Give it a shot...Good luck in your Incredible Quest..
  18. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

yeah, because Verizon has the almighty authority to shat a phone out and mail it. They only sell the product, they don't make the product. If HTC is behind on production, raising whatever stink you want isn't going to hurry things along.