Seriously!? WTF you STUPID LED!!!

Last Updated:

1. Stang70Fastback

Stang70Fastback Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, WTF. Is it that hard to add a few lines of programming code such that the LED can display more than one thing at a time?! If my phone is charging, or if my battery is 15% or less (and lets face it, it's an EVO, so that's a significant portion of the time) it won't indicate if I have any missed calls/messages/etc...

WTF. I have gadgets from the 90s with multifunction LEDs that would blink multiple colors to tell you you had a message, your Bluetooth was on, your WiFi was on, and your meatloaf was burning.

And while I'm ranting about tiny, un-important things, someone needs to address the issue that when you hold your phone landscape with the volume controls on top, the way you press them is counter-intuitive. The button on the RIGHT should make the volume go up (in accordance with how most things are - and to line up with the on-screen volume bar).

Okay, now that I've vented that, back to Angry Birds :D

Advertisement
  2. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

I have my leds set up so the right green led lights up for SMS messages. And the right one for Email. SMS are more important to me so If Im charging the led still flashes green while the other is lit up orange.

3. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Seriously, take a chill pill in this forum. Take the EVO back and you are the only person who has a phone that drops to 15% battery power. Most people can't put their EVO down so they stay pretty up to date on emails, voicemails, and text messages.

4. Stang70Fastback

@ Slick1020: My post was meant to be in sarcastic tone (e.g., I love my Evo, but some little things annoy me.) Though, I can't be the only person who uses it so much that I drag it down to 15% or less before I get back to my PC for a quick charge, lol.

@ DarkNeo: How did you do that? If my EVO is charging, all I get is the amber LED lit up, and it won't show anything else. If I have less than 15%, all I get is the blinking LED indicating so, and nothing else. So I was under the impression the phone could only display one thing via the LED at a time.

5. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

Using the Wimax Message Notifier Notifier app. Currently it only notifies for SMS messages but the dev said he will have it working for other ones too.

[App Project][Update 09/06/10] WiMAX Message Notifier - xda-developers

Barats and ebc1973 like this.
  6. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

7. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

Same here. It was pretty neat, but the force closes made me uninstall. But OP, this is your best bet... other than checking the phone every 2 minutes like a maniac.

8. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Be glad you have an LED. My Samsung Moment had no LED at all.

9. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS can be configured with audible reminders for SMS. I remember seeing a couple of missed call apps on appbrain but I've never used them. I like Handcent reminders because you can set it to turn the screen on when reminding which helps if you have your phone on silent but you can still see it. The screen popping on lets you know you missed something.

10. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Seriously, back in those days we didn't have LEDs,
    or any of them new-fangled wifi hotspots,
    or high-res cameras,
    or quality/reliable/capable bluetooth pairing
    or sensitive touch screens,
    or even a consistently working data antenna...

nah, we have to walk up hill both ways and pull our batteries all day long while we were doing it, and we had to charge before sunset, if not earlier. You youngsters don't know how good ya'll got it these days!

Thankfully, that Moment has passed...:rolleyes:

Thefoodman52 likes this.
  11. GoofyGirl

GoofyGirl Well-Known Member

That was funny!!!!!

12. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

But what's funny to me, is that was Samsung's top of the line phone less than 1 year ago :eek: I just went back and read that list again and realized that it could have been confused with a smartphone from 8-or-so years ago.

13. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

That last line made me literally LOL.

14. BlackDave

BlackDave Well-Known Member

Now why the heck do you need this ESPECIALLY when the buttons say "+" an "-" it would be stupid.

15. Stang70Fastback

Because it is very awkward to press the volume button on the left and have the volume bar move right and vice versa. I don't ever look at my volume keys when I press them so the +/- labels don't really matter. It's just my opinion but I think it would make more sense this way.

16. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the LEDs but ^this is REALLY nitpicking.

17. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Agreed. The volume controls don't need to change but the LED sure does. That and really...

just because I left the conversation up on the screen I don't need a vibrate or noise to indicate a new message? The phone's screen is off and locked. I have no way of knowing I have a new message because it won't vibrate, make a noise, or flash the LED since I have the text messaging app loaded. Obviously people have super batteries and keep the screen on all day. The rest of us still need an indicator.

18. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I don't think it's counter-intuitive at all. It makes sense for a screen to change orientation when it's rotated, but buttons should always stay the same no matter the orientation. The volume up button is always the volume up button, no matter which way you're holding it. I know it might be more intuitive for you, but I think it would confuse most people. We don't typically have devices where buttons change functionality dependent on what angle the device is at.

19. Stang70Fastback

Do you work for Apple? :p

20. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Sound's like you're an Angry Bird

:)

21. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

It's likely that way in hardware and therefore unchangeable.

22. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly, even the iphones volume up/down buttons were designed to work this way too.
    I think its better for most people that the volume stays the same and doesnt switch in landscape.