• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Sure, I can think of many reasons! I consider it almost daily. My phone operates pretty well, I'm a little worried the phone I received would be on 2.1-hboot1.49 anyway. "Leaker's Remorse" I read recently in a post. Just hope the Root Crowd leaves the lights on for me.

I got my replacement in a VZW store...I was able to verify HBOOT by messing with the phone on the spot...you might try that...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to shoot for. Although, I'm trying to imagine what I would say if the particular phone I'm looking at doesn't meet the criteria.

Well the first phone they gave me had a terrible earpiece vibration whenever audio was coming through it so I got another replacement...but both had 1.47....I think the extra stock these VZW service support stores have are still 1.47...however, while trying to fix my original phone they flashed v3 leak...watch out...the store might (and take an hour) to try to fix your phone first...let them know you've already tried factory reset option several times...

Upvote 0
ok people i have officailly downloaded everything i need for the root process i believe i downloaded like 5 things just to make sure i have everything=) so i think because a storm is coming that this is perfect time to d what is long over due if anyone have any tips please let me know im nervous lol lets get rooted

ps i even got evil eris on the flash drive lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones