'server is not responding, try again later'Support

Last Updated:

1. craigb87

craigb87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've installed the version of 2.1 that's kicking around as well as rooting my optimus, and installing app2sd. Everything is great and I am happy with my phone now apart from I keep getting the 'server is not responding, try again later' message popping up quite a bit. It's normally when I wake my phone up. Everything is working fine and I haven't noticed anything not working like it should so I'm not sure what the phone is trying to do.

Anyone got any ideas of what the phone might be trying to do so I can address this? Or any idea of steps I can take to try and find the problem? Thanks, Craig

Advertisement
  2. bml1966

bml1966 Member

I have had this as well since updating to 2.1 - server not responding

Also have had a few people saying they ring me and cant get thru to me, says its not been possible to connect you (i'm on 02), even today my boss phoned me while standing next to me and the same thing happened, had good signal as well at the time

3. craigb87

craigb87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I happen to be on o2 too but I think I have solved my problem. I think it was the twitter and facebook apps trying to update in the background but failing. After some messing about I managed to get them both to stay in a logged out state, and I haven't seen the message since. Can't say I've had any network probs though

4. bml1966

bml1966 Member

Could be facebook, i will try that thanks

5. luvlieeiis

luvlieeiis New Member

I have that happen quite frequently when I try to check the news feed on Facebook. I went as far as resetting my phone back to factory settings to stop getting the error message but I've found an easier fix.

Whenever I get the message, I try to access another route on FB and it stops giving the error. For example, if I'm attempting to check News Feeds, and it gives the error message, under Options, I go to my profile instead of News Feeds. This 'backdoor' resets the server and stops the error. When my profile will load, I just go back to the news feeds and it works perfectly.

6. idhbar

idhbar Well-Known Member

go to setting ->manage apps ->clear data for those apps which create problem. you may try factory reset also.