Service in Kansas -> Lawrence, Topeka, Kansas City

Last Updated:

1. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was a Sprint customer 5-6 years ago, and the service in Lawrence, and on I-70 between K.C. to Topeka was spotty. Dropped calls fairly often.

Anyone on here that can share how it's working for you in that area?

Advertisement
  2. ABH

ABH Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems between KC and Topeka.

3. mkampy

mkampy Well-Known Member

second,

4. ewingr

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'm glad it is working for you.

I spoke with 2 different people I work with in Topeka. My wife spoke to a couple she works with in Shawnee.

One said he is happy with the service in general. I asked if he dropped on the Turnpike, and he said occasionally. When he described where, it was the same places that frustrated my wife and I. So apparently it is still the same.

While it works in many areas well, our common usage is on the Turnpike, and so it seems still problematic.

The other person I talked to said he hates it and is going to move off. He has poor quality in many places he is at (no drops, but low bars on the signal, and breakup). And at his house. I too had problems at my house.

Wife got negative feedback from both that she talked to.

So, sad to say, I guess I won't be moving to Sprint. Even if I could tolerate the drops here and there where I drive, I can't tolerate the frustration from my wife :p

5. kp5lrhs

kp5lrhs Member

Some crazy fool at Radioshack said Lawrence will have sprints 4g by christmas 2010. I haven't found anything else to validate his claim, would be cool if it were true. Anyways does 4g signal travel farther than 3g signal???

6. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

No problems here between Topeka and KC....

7. ewingr

raqball

Glad it is working for you good between Topeka and KC. I do recollect a conversation I had with a Spring support person back when I was on Sprint, saying that sometimes it was seasonal. Maybe depending on how full trees are. Whatever...

Hope you like the EVO. That seems like a sweet phone. If AT&T doesn't get on the stick before long, I'll be looking elsewhere.