• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Service in Kansas -> Lawrence, Topeka, Kansas City

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'm glad it is working for you.

I spoke with 2 different people I work with in Topeka. My wife spoke to a couple she works with in Shawnee.

One said he is happy with the service in general. I asked if he dropped on the Turnpike, and he said occasionally. When he described where, it was the same places that frustrated my wife and I. So apparently it is still the same.

While it works in many areas well, our common usage is on the Turnpike, and so it seems still problematic.

The other person I talked to said he hates it and is going to move off. He has poor quality in many places he is at (no drops, but low bars on the signal, and breakup). And at his house. I too had problems at my house.

Wife got negative feedback from both that she talked to.

So, sad to say, I guess I won't be moving to Sprint. Even if I could tolerate the drops here and there where I drive, I can't tolerate the frustration from my wife :p

Upvote 0
raqball

Glad it is working for you good between Topeka and KC. I do recollect a conversation I had with a Spring support person back when I was on Sprint, saying that sometimes it was seasonal. Maybe depending on how full trees are. Whatever...

Hope you like the EVO. That seems like a sweet phone. If AT&T doesn't get on the stick before long, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones