• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

service installation section in the INF is invalid

kate34

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
Hi I love my new Samsung Galaxy S 11 phone but having,lots of trouble with Kies air. I can connect using wifi which limits my options but I want to sync my phone data so I installed Kies onto my PC and used a USB cable, however I got the mesage saying that my phone couldn't be installed because "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" I've checked the phone settings against those recommended in the manual and they seem correct, I've tried reinstalling Kies but I probably need to know what an INF is. Does anyone out there know or have ideas as to how I can get this working?:rolleyes:

Hello Kate. Welcome to Android Forums. We have an area here for discussing your S2 where you can find the answers to your questions and a lot more. Here are the links to the S2 areas. Just click in on your S2 link and you will be in the area where all of the owners of your device hang out. You'll find the answers there. Best of luck and thanks for joining this community.. I hope it serves you well.
Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums (For AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums (For T-Mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums (For Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums (For International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones