• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GrenadeMan

Lurker
Jan 2, 2014
Before I had this phone, I had a phone called the LG motion. I have metro p_c_s and I have their unlimited 4 g l t e data plan. With the LG motion, I had 4G everywhere I went. I live in Lansing Michigan, to help you guys out. With the phone I have now, the Kyocera hydro xtrm, I get a range from G,2G,3G,4G and 4G LTE. Which isn't necessarily a problem, but at the same time, it is. At my workplace my lg motion got 4G everywhere I went. But with my kyocera hydro xtrm, I get 2g only and not 4G. I have tried messing with the settings and numerous times, I've call MetroPCS numerous times about it and they've done a maintenance ticket and said that they fix the problem but I still only get 2g there. Can anyone help me out with this issue? The phone is not rooted and it's about 3 weeks old.

Sounds like one of two things. Either the Kyocera just doesn't have the receive sensitivity on the 3G/4G frequencies (which there's nothing you can do about it - that's how it was made), or it's got a problem with its receiver, in which case they should replace it. (Unless it has an antenna contact issue - that can be fixed in 10 minutes by a competent tech who knows the phone.)

Upvote 0
You should also try to update your prl. Try dialing *228 and update your roaming list. I think it might be option 5.

The LG Motion is CDMA, using the old MetroPCS cdma network.

The MetroPCS Hydro XTRM is a GSM phone, and uses T-Mobile GSM/LTE network.
Exile1974, shagpal is correct in that the Kyocera phone is a GSM phone while the moron is a CDMA phone. Both phones get LTE, but the moron got the old Metro LTE and the Kyocera gets the T-Mobile LTE. A lot of places are being combined, so you'll have to see if that's happened where you live.

Oh, updating the PRL, that'll only work on CDMA phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones