set a custom icon for bookmarksSupport

1. note3fan

note3fan New Member

Maybe this is a dumb question but they are my most asked type....
    Is there anyway to get the website thumbnail icon on my new Note 3 homepage when I "Add shortcut to home"?....
    My Note 1 does this but all I get on my Note 3 is the red ribbon with the white star...:confused:

Advertisement
  2. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

I don't know about other launchers, but if you used Nova Launcher, you could long press the icon, select Edit, then tap on the icon to change it.

You can select from stock icons, icons in theme packs, or an image from your Gallery, crop it, and use that as an icon. It's very slick.
    dustwun77 and dontpanicbobby like this.
  3. note3fan

note3fan New Member

I tried Nova Launcher...didn't like it...thanks though....no other suggestions on changing icons?...I don't understand how my Note 1 would pick up and use the websites icon and my vastly superior Note 3 gives me no choice but a generic bookmark....I gotta be missing something easy here.
  4. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Download Nova Launcher and edit app icons to your hearts content. Edit title AND image, as well as icon size. You can also change the icon grid to one of your liking.

[​IMG]
  5. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Here's one way you can do it. If you use chrome, just for this, you can tap and hold a bookmark then send to home screen, it will use the site's icon and open in whatever your default browser is.
    note3fan likes this.
  6. note3fan

note3fan New Member

Thank you....even samsung support said it was impossible...
    trying to save the bookmark in the right folder took a few tries....Thank you so much.
    :D