Set CPU and HAVS kernel ALL i want is the TRUTH

Last Updated:

1. ar30laa

ar30laa Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 27, 2010
    as of right now i have Myn's 2.2 with the kingxKernel #11 and i bought setcpu from a eariler set up and i want to know is it true that its not smart to have setcpu with HAVS kernel OR is it okay to but to make sure that i dont use any profiles just set the phone, and also how can i make sure that what i set it at it is actually running at that speed??

2. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I would like to know this answer as well. I was told that #11 no longer uses HAVS, but it never said it didn't in the release notes. I have also heard that mulitple people are using setcpu on that kernel and have no problems.
  3. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    I can only offer anecdotal evidence but I think the whole HAVS / SetCPU conflict issue is overblown. I was running Fresh 3.3 w/ Netarchy 4.1.9. cfs (HAVS enabled) and SetCPU Profiles for a couple of weeks with outstanding battery performance. I then read that HAVS and SetCPU running profiles together would screw things up. I disabled SetCPU profiles, ran for a few days, and saw no improvement. All was still excellent. Indeed, there is a theoretical potential for conflict, but I have yet to see it.

I'm now running Myn's 2.2. I tried the stock kernel... no go. I tried King's # 11, didn't like the 245 min underclocking. I tried the Battery tweak (sans SetCPU)... pain in the ass. Unless something earth-shattering comes along, I will be sticking with my present combo of Myn's 2.2 w/ Netarchy 4.1.9. cfs NON-HAVS with SetCPU and profiles enabled. Quadrant scores, for those who give a damn, are 1248 with usb/charging running profiles, and max out at 1503 when overclocked to 1228.

Citing battery life with specific usage and conditions is a fool's game. Suffice it to say, my phone loves this combo and so do I.
  4. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Here is the changelog for the BFS #11 directly from the KingxKlick forum

5. 68Novaman

68Novaman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    I am currently running KingxKernal #11 BFS and SetCPU and have my Evo overclocked to 1.267 and it runs super smooth and I have no restarts or lockups at all.