Set CPU help (best cpu setting)

Last Updated:

1. xzero425x

xzero425x Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using the Dinc im using set spu i had it set to on demand (the batery life was great) but now im fooling around with it and the values arnt changing when i click a preset. am i doing something wrong?

what is the best preset and cpu (max-min) that you guys are using and gives best performance and bat life

Advertisement
  2. XXXdc5

XXXdc5 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know some opinions on this as well

I just rooted. after FOREVER of putting it off haha

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Did you guys buy setCPU from the market? I'm an xda member and I can't find a free version. The only link I've been able to find is a link to the market version. I had the apk on my Eris but I must have deleted it from my SD card because I can't find it now

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I think a lot of people have quit using setCPU with many of the newest Roms. They seem to be maximized for efficiency without cpu tweaks.

5. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Ya, but this doesn't help the OP, who is looking to UC with a stock ROM.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Are we reading the same OP? Since when are we talking about underclocking only and where did he mention he was using a stock Rom?

Anyway, the point I was making is that many people have dropped SetCPU because they are getting better battery life with a certain combo of their Rom/kernel than anything they can do with SetCPU. I thought he might want to know that.

7. joeyc1123

joeyc1123 New Member

Get CPU Tuner. Does the same thing as setcpu but in my opinion it's much better and more detailed customizations. Plus it's ........wait for it.......FREE!!!!!!!.
    I had to do it....sorry(lol)

8. rocke

rocke Member

The problem with the stock ROM and kernel and SetCPU is all the governors are not available like Conservative, PowerSave, etc. I am very happy with my stock ROM but I am using a custom kernel, 2.6.32.26-incredikernel ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848453 ) that has all governors available and a number of other features so you can underclock and overclock.

Linked fixed

9. hasbrobot

hasbrobot Well-Known Member

Invalid link

10. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Does CPU Tuner disable Perflock, like SetCPU does? From my understanding, this is needed in order to underclock stock HTC ROMs.