Set CPU Questions

Last Updated:

1. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right now I've just got setcpu for overclocking my droid, but I want it to be at 800 when I'm using it and lower then that when I'm not.. The settings and stuff inside are a little confusing to me right now is there a way for me to do this?

Advertisement
  2. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Set CPU governor to on demand and set the max to 800 and the min to either 250 or 400. I never go below 400 as I've heard some people have problems going that low. Also don't forget to check set on boot.

3. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool, I was looking around the options and there was some other stuff in there that confused me. Is there a way to make get up 1.ghz on setcpu without a custom kerenel? I didn't have much luck last time with kerenels so thats why I've just been keeping it at 800, because the custom kernels wouldn't load onto my phone.

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

No, if you're on the stock 800Mhz kernel, then your max speed will bee 800Mhz. You need a 1Ghz kernel or higher to be able to clock to 1Ghz. And by the way, make sure you're selecting "Autodetect device" rather than Droid in SetCPU.

5. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the PROFILES. In there you can set specific min/max figures during certain battery/temp stages as well as when charging and when in standby. Many of us underclock when the phone is in sleep/standby to conserve battery life and keep temps down (not too low, though, as you'll experience lag when trying to "wake" your phone).