Set CPU Stress Test

Last Updated:

1. dougiesgoindeep

dougiesgoindeep Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried this out yet? It is in the "System Info" options of the latest Set CPU update.

I tried it a few times on 1000 mhz and 1.2, but the phone froze or rebooted after running for a few minutes. I have BB 1.1 installed with the droidmod kernel. I have had no issues other than the stress test not finishing. Just curious to see what others are seeing for results.

Advertisement
  2. ten2o3

ten2o3 Active Member

it doesn't finish until you push the back button. I let it run for a good 3-4 minutes. It came back with a message saying it ran for "x" amount of time without any errors.

3. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

Mine will FC pretty quickly sometimes, a battery removal to get the phone back. I loose the ability to use the back button if I go for more than a minute. ALso needs battery removal when the back button freezes.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

My phone reboots if I stress test it @ 1100, but doesn't have issues @ 1000.

5. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

Can you get SetCPU free o do you have to pay? I've had 1.4.6 for awhile from a friend who found it free, just wondered if you can get the new version free as well.

6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

APK is free if you grab it off the net. Honestly though, if you like it, you should buy it...It's a great tool...

7. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

I guess I've got one of the better chipsets on mine. I can run the stress test @ 1200 until I stop it without errors.

8. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member

I can Test mine a 1200 with no problems.

9. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Mine tests at 1ghz with no problems.

10. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Tested mine @1200MHz for three minutes without a hiccup. I am running the DM 1.2 kernel. Only thing, as expected, is that my CPU temp went up to 134F.

11. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Yep, 1200MHz seems to be solid for me as well. Strangely enough, when I was using Chevy's 1.25GHz kernel, I ran BenchmarkPi at 1.25GHz and my phone rebooted. So then I flashed his 1.2GHz kernel. I'm surprised those 50MHz make the difference between a flawless stress test and instability.