set custom notification sound?General

Last Updated:

1. b00sted4fun

b00sted4fun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I may be a little slow here but I cant figure it out.. when I had my moto droid since it was rooted i just pushed the ogg file to the sound folder... I installed ringdroid to see if that would help me but it dont support ogg files. my goal is I want my droid sound back lol. any help would be great.

Advertisement
  2. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Try creating a folder in the root of your SD Card called 'Notifications' and placing the file there. If that doesn't work you might have to use a different file, so if it doesn't work pm me your gmail and I'll e-mail my 'Drrroooiiiiid' sound to you.

3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I was just going to say the same thing. Creating the "notification" folder on my card did the trick for me :D

4. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

Did the same thing but called it ringtones

5. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got one for ringtones and backgrounds too. You can also make one for alarms but I always just use my alarm clock, so no need.

6. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Zedge is a great free app. It has hundreds of thousands of free ring tones, including the "droid". You select the ring tone, download it and the when you want to change any ring tone or notification sound the file be will available. Hi res wallpapers there also.