set default obb folderGeneral

1. yuriman1

yuriman1 Member

Hi guys,
    i wonder how to set the default obb folder. i want it on my SD card instead of the internal memory. I am using a Galaxy S4 with Android 4.2.2. using the "move to SD card" option doesnt transfer the obb files to the SD. Just the Game files from the .apk

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. I moved your question to the area where your phone is discussed.

... Thom
  3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're asking, but nothing moves entirely to the SD card. Only a portion of the data gets moved while some part must stay on internal memory. That cannot be helped.
  4. yuriman1

yuriman1 Member

with asphalt 8 for example, there is a huuuuge 1,5 gb .obb file which i dont want on my internal memory. it's located @ android/obb/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM

creating a obb folder in the android folder on my SD card wont work. the game then doesnt start. if i get a working obb folder on my SD card which is accepted by the games, that would be nice
  5. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Yeah you can't move that on your own. If it doesn't move with the "Move to SD" button under App Info, the developer didn't make it with permission move. You'll have to send an email to the dev asking them to put that ability in an update.
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

This isn't default functionality but, using the FolderMount app, you can do this as long as you are rooted.

I have done exactly this and it works fine.
  7. yuriman1

yuriman1 Member

Thank you guys :)

I will do some research about rooting. I am new to all of that :p