• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help set some kind of alarm/play sound at exact time

Hello,

hoping someone can help, I'm stuck; let me explain what I'm trying to do. I use SMS to pay for my public transport ticket. When I send SMS to a certain number, I get reply with TICKET, stating how long (until what time) my ticket is valid. The goal is to get the time from SMS (not time recived but time as a string in SMS body!) and set some alarm to that particular time.

Now, I have managed to make event, parse the SMS and get the time in 2 variables - let's call them %SMShour and %SMSminute. I can see by using Flash command the variables really contain hr/min. I need to use this time and set some SOUND to alert me when my ticket expires.

What I tried:

* tried setting alarm - doesn't work because I have SGN71000 which has own time/alarm app (I suppose)

then I tried to use

* wait until %TIME = %SMShour:%SMSmin

but this also waits forever....

* wait until %TIME ~ %SMShour:%SMSmin

does the same.

any ideas how to set a sound to be played at %SMShour:%SMSmin time? :)

Thanx!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones