set up a specific time for reminder in htc desire?

Last Updated:

1. Kezz

Kezz Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm new here, hope I can post this here :)

Does anyone know if you can set a specific time for the reminder for a specific event, i.e 9:12am, I couldn't find the feature and it really annoys me as in my 8 year old nokia I could set a specific time for the reminder to go off at for the calendar event. In the desire you can only set 5,10min..1,2,3,12,24hrs.. etc, but I need the reminder to go off i.e. 4 hours before the scheduled event or at 9:12.
    Any app suggestions? I've got the phone for like a day so maybe the feature is there but don't think so.

Can anyone help?
    cheers,
    Kezz

Advertisement
  2. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

Why could you possibly need it to be so accurate?

3. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Set it for 9:10am saying "Need to do such and such in 2 minutes" ??

4. Kezz

Kezz Member This Topic's Starter

thanks matttye :)

I don't really need it to be so accurate, I just want to set a reminder for example at 12, for an event which is at 4 or 5 pm, I just can't do it there is no such option.. need to find a better calendar..

any ideas?

5. gmarkj

gmarkj Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a dumb point, but why not set the actual appointment for when you want the reminder to go off?

6. charlotte.emmott

charlotte.emmott New Member

None of you that posed any comments were any help at all. If you have an answer, post it.
    Don't write post comments like asking why she needs the time to be so specific.

I am having the same problem, I need to set a daily reminder in my phone, but I have no idea how to do that.
    Can someone please help us both out? And stop posting pointless comments with no answer. You people were absolutely no help.

7. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

seriously?

open the calendar > add event > repetition 'daily' at the bottom

for the OP, if you want the alert to go off before a certain time, create the event and put in the times that it goes for, then in reminder select how long prior to the event you want the reminder (10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, etc) unfortunately '4 hours' isn't available, but you can work around this by making the event start time an hour before.

you can, alternatively, download a task app such as astrid, or do it through google tasks.

have fun :)

8. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

9. bunnisher

bunnisher Well-Known Member

To me, it looks like there were some helpful replies.

As for setting a daily reminder on the phone, you can try what liveonmtv suggested or even gmarkj who posted a workaround for the OP's specific requirement.

Or, why not use the alarm instead of the calendar? If it's an event that happens at the same time every day, you don't need a description really as you know what it is for. IE: I use a daily reminder on the alarm to remind me to wake up for work monday thru friday at the same time every day. Hope that helps.

10. 8tnzir

8tnzir New Member

Dear all,

I'm a newbie here, so please accept my apologize if this has been already actioned, but after two days of searches I wasn't able to find a fix for it.

My issue is related do all day events - i'll want to find a way to set up a reminder / notification in the same day, ie if i have a full day event, called Training, i want to schedule a reminder at 8.00 am in the same day versus the existing option to have a 15 minutes or any similar prior that event. I'm coming from Nokia world and that was really simple there, really surprised to not be abloe to find an aplication to do this in Android beautiful eco-system.

thanks in advance for any suggestion/recommendation