Set up port forwardingSupport

1. Wayne63

Wayne63 New Member

Hi all,

Need some help on how to set up port forwarding when i'm on mobile internet, please help. Wayne

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

How do you mean? Incoming to your handset or using it as a wifi hotspot?
  3. Wayne63

Wayne63 New Member

Incoming to my phone
  4. El Presidente

I don't think it's possible. I've limited knowledge of networks, but isn't port forwarding making sure incoming traffic on certain ports goes to a specific IP/MAC address on your network via the router/gateway? Eg, I want my router to forward all incoming traffic on port 80 to IP address 192.168.2.117.

If you're using mobile internet, your phone is technically its own gateway?

Do you mind me asking what you need it for?
  5. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

alostpacket and El Presidente like this.
  6. Wayne63

Wayne63 New Member

I have on my laptop cctv software with remout viewing, the instructions says that I have to enable my htc, (Router) to forward data.
  7. El Presidente

After a quick google, it looks as though you're stuck with the bog standard "Enable Wifi Hotpsot" if you want to conect the phone to the PC wirelessly. Although if you're using 3G on the handeset, you can connect the phone to the laptop via usb cable using USB Tethering or Internet Passthorugh (Can't remember which) and the laptop will use the phone's internet connection.

There is software available that will turn HTC phones into wireless routers but it's only available for windows mobiles.
  8. Wayne63

Wayne63 New Member

I already connect the phone to the laptop via usb cable using USB Tethering, which works fine, ie can send and receive emails via google mail, download etc, but when I try to to type in my assigned ip address from t-mobile from another computer to view the camers it wont load the port is set at 80
  9. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member

am i right in saying you are trying to remote into you laptop from your htc to view the cctv? if so then you will need to port forward - but from your home router to your laptop. not with your phone. you will need some remote software on your htc (i would recommend android vnc as its free). you could remote in without port forwarding if you are at home on the same wifi network, but if you are outside of this network and want to remote in you will need to forward port 5900 from your router to the laptop and you will need to find out your laptops external ip address to do this. sorry if im barking up the wrong tree.
  10. Greasby

Greasby New Member

Sorry I Just Figured This out and it Works For a Few People I found this so please don't steal my topic or not give me credit :smokingsomb:

i Can't Create a Topic here it wouldn't let me share links so i posted on TTG here is my topic link hope this helps comment if it did :)

Go To Your URL Put: thetechgame.com/Forums/p=31959511.html#31959511