setcpu 3.0.0 help

1. OptiC-ShotS

OptiC-ShotS Well-Known Member

I seriously don't understand this. What's I/O scheduler Support? And what's with the [ = ,<, >, !=] this is to much for me to understand :0

Advertisement
    :
  2. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

No point in messing with that ha.
    But I believe there's a thread explaining the best settings for setcpu.
  3. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Different schedulers give different priority. = mean equal to, < and > are the less than and greater than symbols, and != means not equal to.
    OptiC-ShotS likes this.
  4. OptiC-ShotS

What is CFQ and NOOP?
  5. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

LOL, just did a search for setcpu, & nothing is available. Don't know what all that means either OS. Just gonna stick with the OC/UC & battery temp. LOL that way I can't screw anything up.
  6. OptiC-ShotS

Lol that's what I'm doing. I'm researching and nothing :/ someone help us out please! Don't understand all this code talk lol
  7. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

Hey OS, found the info you were lookin for. Google setcpu.com...click on the help section.:D

LOL, but it really doesn't give much info. Just tells a lil more about what's happening.
    OptiC-ShotS likes this.
  8. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

ROM Toolbox has these settings in kernel tweaks. I made a thread a while back asking what that stuff was and basically it's also tweaks that can be done to the kernel more or less. See if you can find my post a month or so ago I think it had more info in it.
  9. yahhboy

yahhboy Well-Known Member

I always see options betweencfq, noop, and deadline as io schedulers when flashing a kernel, anyone know the dif between the 3 :confused:
    Edit: just realized I'm in the wrong forum but its still relevant
  10. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

jtw1216, OptiC-ShotS and yahhboy like this.
  11. Dr0idWhisperer

Dr0idWhisperer Well-Known Member

io scheduler basically has to do with the read write speeds of your sd card. however it is also affected by your govenor. So as i am to understand SmartassV2 (govenor) and deadline (scheduler) makes a good combination from the choices we have. I have been using this @ 500 min and 1300 max (WHEN SCREEN ON) battery life is very nice, performance is great, and media scanning takes about 20 secs (my external sd is dedicated to music and picture) and i have gigs of music so i deem that very nice. Hope this helped...
    jtw1216 likes this.