• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SetCPU and TempMonitor

Yes they work with Adamz LV / 1.2 kernel. I'm assuming they would work with the others. But I know for a fact that they work with this specific option. However... I'm not sure they work with the other variants.

They shouldn't cause any issues at all... I think most people running a cooked rom on here are using this combination to monitor their temps and cpu usage. I have noticed that with Chevy's 10 slot 1.2 Temp Mon does not work. It seems to freeze at a certain degree forcing a re-install... and then occurring again. I don't think that kernel is optimized for it.

Upvote 0
One heads up... you should set your profiles and turn the frequency down before you push a new kernel. I've had a few situations where it minimizes my max's down as low as they can go because I pushed a rom that does not match the same slots as the one im using. This shouldn't hurt anything ... however it can make the rom unresponsive and possibly boot loop.

So.. if your going to AdamZ 5 slot and your presently running Chevy's 10 slot.... they wont match in setcpu. What I do now is check what I'm going to and adjust setcpu to the incoming kernels equivalent speed... that way I don't get stuck.

And yes... this has happened to me... ;)

Upvote 0
Not sure.... I've never done it from the OEM kernel. Technically it's not supported on the OEM kernel so like Shadowtech said it may just do nothing. I would wait until you get the OC kernel installed before buying / installing setcpu and Temp Mon unless there's a specific reason you want to run it on the stock OEM kernel.

In your OP your sig says "Rooted with Bugless Beast ESE53 0.7"... are your referring to the OEM kernel in this ROM?... or the actual Stock OEM kernel.

Upvote 0
Ahh... ok. Yeah... you shouldn't have any problem. I just look at the stepping in the kernel im going to and adjust setcpu in my present kernel to match what im pushing in.

So.. if I'm on Chevy's 10 slot 1.2 at 1000.... I'll adjust setcpu to match, as close as possible to the incoming kernel. Do this before you push the new kernel on and no worries. Either way if it does freak out it wont leave you frozen.. because it's going to an OC kernel that supports what your doing.

Hopefully this all makes sense... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones