SetCPU at 768

Last Updated:

1. tr11

tr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone is allowing me to run at 768mhz. If the phone is allowing this is it okay to run at this speed or should I scale it down to something lower? The phone has been stable and I've had no issues since doing it about a week or so ago.

Advertisement
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

If it's been running OK for a week, you should be good. People over at XDA are pushing theirs up into the 800's

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

With ongoing, heavy use, such as phone calls or web browsing, you may see rapid battery life depletion and a bit of heat.

It varies a bit from Eris to Eris, we've noted in these forums.

Personally, I think that the speed and responsiveness differences between 710 and anything above that are minimal, if they exist at all.

The ROM is the biggest factor, aside from the user's habits with the device.

4. tr11

tr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So clocking down to 748 or even 710 won't make much difference then? But it may help with battery life and even keeping the phone from heating up?
    That's good info to have.
    I haven't experimented with any ROM's yet but will be doing that next. I did the One Click rooting method.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The ROM is a big factor in rooting on any particular Eris. If there is one thing I've culled from all of the postings I've seen reporting issues and successes in these forums, it is that each Eris has its own personality so to speak; one person's 710 is another person's 528.. one person's Tazz is another person's Aloysius.

Having said that, I am not an advocate of overclocking at all, let alone to high settings on that CPU in the Eris. I don't preach against it, it's just that the real world differences between adjusting the speeds up and not doing that are minimal at best, carping battery life and straining the CPU, mflops aside. ;)

6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Read again what Frisco said above about real world differences.
    With a decent ROM the differences between overclocked and 528 are minimal. Yes, I can SOMETIMES see a difference, but it's a 1/2 second difference, not 3 or 4 seconds. For ME that's not worth the cost of battery life for overclocking.