setcpu conservative issues?

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

could setcpu being set at conservative be cause me some problems past few days my phone shutdown on its on atleast i thought it shutdown but now i think diff at those times i didnt have any notifications so no sign of life all i knew is the power buttons werent doing anything

well today this happened but i had led notification everything else was the same had to pull battery to bring it back to life..so im thinking those other times my phone was actually on i just couldnt get it out of sleep

i changed my kernel the other day thinking it was that well looks like its still happening on beast 1.1

so maybe it is the setcpu settings here they are again..do you think its anything in the profiles for sleep or is it the conservative

my setcpu settings are as follows
    max 800/min 250

set on boot/conservative

profiles
    charging 550/250
    sleep 400/250
    power < 20 percent 600/250
    failsafe 45c 550/250

Advertisement
  2. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

When set to conservative, SetCPU keeps the CPU throttled down to your lowest setting..in your case 250MHz(Slooow). This could very well cause problems.

3. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so is there a better way to run conservative or should i just not run it...i was running it in hopes of saving battery life

4. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Just run "Ondemand". That way the CPU only throttles up when needed, and down when not. This helps with battery life.

5. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Saving power is great, but you also need a phone that works! On demand is ideal, it will run at 250 when it can, and throttle up as needed. This is the setting that really takes advantage of your profiles

6. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Conservative, (according to the help section in the app) just means it's a lot slower to ramp up from your minimum to your maximum when the system is under load.

Like others have said, OnDemand seems the best

7. djqwikcut

djqwikcut Well-Known Member

On my EVO, CONSERVATIVE stayed at 384MHZ (lowest is 245).. It NEVER went up and the phone was slow has HELL. I put it back to ON DEMAND. I hope ON DEMAND doesnt hurt battery life BUT I need a phone that works nice and quick...

8. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member

I am running "on demand" with a min of 250 and a max of 1000 and my battery life is excellent and DROID performance is good. The key was getting a LOW VOLTAGE Kernel but not every DROID can run one. However, it's well work trying! When it works, it's great!

fyi - It's a BB 0.6.1 and a P3 low voltage kernel.