SetCpu may 2nd? update problems

Last Updated:

1. wohn

wohn New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 25, 2010
    I downloaded the update the other day for setcpu and now my droid gets HOT and the battery life blows. I have been using Cyanogen 5.0.x.x with bekit's 7slot LV 1.0ghz kernel at 900/250 for about a month now and never had any problems till the update. I was able to get over a days use out of the phone before yesterday and now the battery is at 20% after about 5 hrs and its getting pretty hot, 61*c on the omap sensor where the max I saw before was 40*c.

Anyone else have any problems since the update or is it just me? Any idea's?

Thanks in advance

2. Stretch2m

Stretch2m Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I, too, found it to be running about 5c - 10c hotter than before. There is a fairly in-depth discussion of this going on in another forum right now:

New version of SetCPU with CPU temperature...

From what I can gather, the heat issue seems to be kernel dependent. As for me, I wasn't having any trouble with the previous version, so I loaded it up from Titanium backup, and now my phone is back to running cool again.

I'll wait for the experts to make some final conclusions about the heat issue before do anything else with this app.

P.S. I'm running JRummy's remix of CM
    wohn likes this.