setcpu or others?

Last Updated:

1. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally rooted my phone, and put froyo on with flash. works great. Now i want to overclock as well. What do you use for overclocking the cpu speed?? I've seen setcpu referenced...are there any alternatives???
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

i just did what you did about a week ago. i DL setcpu right from the get go. it's $2 but very easy to use and works great. Show the dev some love, pay the man and skip the junior bacon cheeseburgers at wendy's and you'll break even :)

3. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

You have to download an overclock Kernel in order to get higher than stock speeds. SetCPU is just the app that you use to adjust your clock speeds after that. If you just install SetCPU with no other kernel, you will only be able to underclock.

4. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

If you get ROM Manager there are some Kernels available for download/install from within it.

dmdroid likes this.
  5. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i downloaded a 1ghz kernal and installed it....but the OS monitor is still showing me 250000-6000000 for a range.I haven't figured out how to change it. Any help would be great! TIA!

6. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any alternatives to setcpu. If paying for the app is a deal breaker for you, there are ways around that, but I will not assist you in venturing down such a route. The developer does offer the .apk free of charge if you know where to look

7. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

If you are using setCPU and a 1ghz kernal and it does not show the speeds then do not select droid as the phone set it to automatic.