SetCPU Question

Last Updated:

1. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I wanted to get a little better battery life. Before SetCPU I got 17+ hours of battery life using Virtuous, Custom Kernel from Rom Manager, and INCredible Revolution theme. I saw this post http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/156801-ultimate-performance-battery-life.html . Was wondering do I need Hydra Kernel for the benchmark and to get my MAX to 998, my max is only getting to 528. Screenshots down below. Also, if I press enable off, does SetCPU still mess with the CPU? I'm a noob, what can I say.

[​IMG]
    snap20100921_003312 by icrazy2u, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    snap20100921_003521 by icrazy2u, on Flickr

My battery life without using SetCPU...

[​IMG]
    snap20100920_212821 by icrazy2u, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    snap20100920_212834 by icrazy2u, on Flickr

Advertisement
  2. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

when you are in SetCPU hit the menu button and select "Autodetect speeds". then your max speed will be 998 (or higher, depending on what kernel you're using)

if you deselect "enable" you will only disable profiles, but the settings you see on the setCPU main page will still apply.

3. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So what the best main page setting, cause what ever I had on was killing my battery and making my phone slow. I gotta try that autodetect speeds.

4. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Remember also that you can set profiles based on criteria such as % of battery remaining (slow the cpu down), screen off (set both to min), etc. This will help to decrease battery use because there's no need to have the CPU throttled to 998 when the screen is locked of off. (anything streaming will be fine in my experience)