setCPU users, get in here

Last Updated:

1. tranzue

tranzue Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering, for those of you that use it, what profiles you have set for your setCPUs. I need some advice here :D

also, sorry if this has been posted before.

Currently I'm running skyraiders vanilla ROM, and only have a profile for Screen Off, 499 max and 245 min - Priority: 98

Advertisement
  2. jetteichert

jetteichert Member

If my battery drops below 30% I have it set to cut the cpu to 500mhzish. Then a priority step above that I have two more profiles.

The first turns the cpu up to 750mhz if it is charging on usb.
    The second turns the cpu up to 1.1ghz if it is on AC.

And the normal screen off profile on top of that.

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I've found little to no need for anything but a "screen-off" profile. I want my phone to operate at it's fullest 1GHz 90% of the time when in hand. I use 384/245 screen-off profile. I also have a <14% battery profile set to "conservative" 499/245. I don't know why honestly I never let it dip that low. I also don't overclock my phone I leave that up to my PC's :D

So essentially if your not a super power user a "screen off" only profile will satisfy most I believe. I use "on-demand" scaling on main screen and use "conservative" on the profile/s. My battery life is wonderful...I charge my phone every 2 days.

On virtuous 2.6 with custom kernel and .09.01 radio

4. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I use Kings BFS #4 kernel and the interactive governor at stock speeds when the screen is on. When the screen is off I have the profile set to 499 max and 384 min. I've found that any slower causes issues when I'm streaming music and using the GPS.

EricS96521 likes this.
  5. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I don't get this, what are you using the GPS for with the screen off?

Also the phone is made to idle in the range you tell it. So if you set your min to 245 and max to 499 if it needs more juice it is there for it.

The phone is also doing a lot more work with the screen on yet no one has a problem with the min set to 245 so why would you with the screen turned off?

6. EricS96521

EricS96521 Well-Known Member

I have #2..Going to check out #4. Thanks for letting me know he has a new one.

Edit: My profiles are:

Scaling: ondemand
    Max: 499
    Min: 245

Charging AC/Full:
    Max: 499

Battery <50%:
    Max: 384

Screen Off:
    Max: 245

7. upther

upther Well-Known Member

If I'm in the car and using Google Nav, I usually have the screen off. It still tells me where I need to go and it's better on the battery.

As for the other stuff, can't really explain, I've just found that my phone behaves better this way.

8. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Ahhh interesting with google nav, yea I guess that would save on some juice.

What problems were you having with the min being 245? Sluggish when coming out of sleep mode? The only probllems I have had with these kernals is that sometimes after the phone is on for about 24 hours it gets really slow and I have to reset it sometimes.

Will see if that happens with BFS #4

9. EricS96521

My phone lags when I unlock it with my min being at 245. Even with my max being 499, the phone is still extremely fast.

10. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

I only use the screen off too but set mine at lowest (245) and see no bad lag when waking up, and battery really seen improvment. am running conservative with new adrylene kernal with virtuous rom

11. tranzue

Thanks all, some interesting settings in here. Just wondering what everyone else has set, I'm actually using the stock kernel, so I wasn't sure what people were using for that.

12. EricS96521

You definitely need a new kernel. The kernel controls the battery use. I STRONGLY suggest KiNgxKlick's BFS #4. My phone is snappy as hell even with my extremely low settings and I have seen a DRAMATIC improvement in battery life.

13. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

kings kernel 4 is very nice... I went 24 hours to 30% battery... I also run the phone at 883mhz instead of stock.. I notice minimal lag but seeing as most android phones are 600mhz programs still run super smooth... the screen off profile is the most important for saving battery but when the screen is on it drops fast no matter what

14. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I'm on KingKlick #4 and it's great. The only profile I really set is Screen Off 245/245.

Same settings on KingKlick #1 and it was laggy coming out of sleep and unlocking the screen. Much better now.

15. tranzue

Hm, will KingKlick's kernels work with SkyRaider RC2 Vanilla?

16. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

My phone keeps rebooting from overheating. Does SetCPU have a setting where I can tell it to underclock when the phone reaches a certain temperature?

17. Fretless

Fretless New Member

No i dont think so but this would be a great suggestion to the developers of the app.

18. ncwildcat

ncwildcat Well-Known Member

Watch out with King's BFS Kernals - #3, #4, and the AOSP one will cook your battery almost to the point of catching it on fire. He modified the temps by 100, or 10degrees C. Very unsafe.

just an FYI - if you look around, this information was pointed out yesterday. I did not discover

19. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

Yes. Go to add profile and under condition its on the bottom.

Temp >

You can set what temp and have an audible warning as well.

20. 338lapuaAI

338lapuaAI Member

Yes. Using #4 with SR RC2. battery last longer and charges faster than stock kernel.

21. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

What causes those temps? I've run my phone really hard since installing the kernel (even overclocked) and it's cooler than it has been in the past.

22. EricS96521

Same here. My phone never reaches over 98degrees under my normal usage.

23. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

I also run king klix #4 and my battery never feels warm like it used to before his kernel, even under very heavy usage and overclocked it might go to about 101 tops. Starting to think there might be some misinformation going around.

24. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I've been using both #3 and #4 since they came out with no problems. You might want to wait until you have some concrete evidence before you start making claims like that.

25. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

using #4 here with no issue and overclocked to 1.15 too