• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root setCPU users, get in here

I've found little to no need for anything but a "screen-off" profile. I want my phone to operate at it's fullest 1GHz 90% of the time when in hand. I use 384/245 screen-off profile. I also have a <14% battery profile set to "conservative" 499/245. I don't know why honestly I never let it dip that low. I also don't overclock my phone I leave that up to my PC's :D

So essentially if your not a super power user a "screen off" only profile will satisfy most I believe. I use "on-demand" scaling on main screen and use "conservative" on the profile/s. My battery life is wonderful...I charge my phone every 2 days.

On virtuous 2.6 with custom kernel and .09.01 radio

Upvote 0
I have the profile set to 499 max and 384 min. I've found that any slower causes issues when I'm streaming music and using the GPS.

I don't get this, what are you using the GPS for with the screen off?

Also the phone is made to idle in the range you tell it. So if you set your min to 245 and max to 499 if it needs more juice it is there for it.

The phone is also doing a lot more work with the screen on yet no one has a problem with the min set to 245 so why would you with the screen turned off?

Upvote 0
I use Kings BFS #4 kernel and the interactive governor at stock speeds when the screen is on. When the screen is off I have the profile set to 499 max and 384 min. I've found that any slower causes issues when I'm streaming music and using the GPS.

I have #2..Going to check out #4. Thanks for letting me know he has a new one.

Edit: My profiles are:

Scaling: ondemand
Max: 499
Min: 245

Charging AC/Full:
Max: 499

Battery <50%:
Max: 384

Screen Off:
Max: 245

Upvote 0
I don't get this, what are you using the GPS for with the screen off?

Also the phone is made to idle in the range you tell it. So if you set your min to 245 and max to 499 if it needs more juice it is there for it.

The phone is also doing a lot more work with the screen on yet no one has a problem with the min set to 245 so why would you with the screen turned off?

If I'm in the car and using Google Nav, I usually have the screen off. It still tells me where I need to go and it's better on the battery.

As for the other stuff, can't really explain, I've just found that my phone behaves better this way.

Upvote 0
If I'm in the car and using Google Nav, I usually have the screen off. It still tells me where I need to go and it's better on the battery.

As for the other stuff, can't really explain, I've just found that my phone behaves better this way.

Ahhh interesting with google nav, yea I guess that would save on some juice.

What problems were you having with the min being 245? Sluggish when coming out of sleep mode? The only probllems I have had with these kernals is that sometimes after the phone is on for about 24 hours it gets really slow and I have to reset it sometimes.

Will see if that happens with BFS #4

Upvote 0
kings kernel 4 is very nice... I went 24 hours to 30% battery... I also run the phone at 883mhz instead of stock.. I notice minimal lag but seeing as most android phones are 600mhz programs still run super smooth... the screen off profile is the most important for saving battery but when the screen is on it drops fast no matter what

Upvote 0
I'm on KingKlick #4 and it's great. The only profile I really set is Screen Off 245/245.

Same settings on KingKlick #1 and it was laggy coming out of sleep and unlocking the screen. Much better now.

Watch out with King's BFS Kernals - #3, #4, and the AOSP one will cook your battery almost to the point of catching it on fire. He modified the temps by 100, or 10degrees C. Very unsafe.

just an FYI - if you look around, this information was pointed out yesterday. I did not discover

Upvote 0
Watch out with King's BFS Kernals - #3, #4, and the AOSP one will cook your battery almost to the point of catching it on fire. He modified the temps by 100, or 10degrees C. Very unsafe.

just an FYI - if you look around, this information was pointed out yesterday. I did not discover

What causes those temps? I've run my phone really hard since installing the kernel (even overclocked) and it's cooler than it has been in the past.

Upvote 0

I also run king klix #4 and my battery never feels warm like it used to before his kernel, even under very heavy usage and overclocked it might go to about 101 tops. Starting to think there might be some misinformation going around.

Upvote 0

I've been using both #3 and #4 since they came out with no problems. You might want to wait until you have some concrete evidence before you start making claims like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones